This course offers an insight into the art of upholstery and is intended to give the beginner a good basic knowledge to tackle projects at home. (With a few upholsterer secrets thrown in)
The upholstery courses are run by Nigel Cook.
The course includes
- choosing the right piece of furniture for your project – Fabrics, webbing and springs,
- measuring, cutting and stretching,
- finishing details such as braids, gimp, nails etc.
You will be able to do a small hands-on project during the course.
Although this course is not designed to tackle your own project in the store, there will be opportunities to bring along your own projects for group discussions.
- What to bring? Pen, paper, scissors, tape measure - and if available a hand staple-gun, pliers and a hammer.
- Cost: $60.00
- Dates: Tuesdays 20th and 27th march 2018
- Hours: 6.30 to 8.30pm
- Location: Fabric House, 140 Colombo Street, Beckenham (cnr Tennyson Street).
- Please Note - For all bookings and payment details please contact:
- Nigel or Caroline directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nigel 027 404 7712 or Caroline 027 229 0278